Ten Things I Know to Be True:
1. I have tried to die more times than I’d like to admit.
2. I think there is a reason why I keep failing. (I really hope there is a reason why I keep failing.)
3. I think maybe it’s not because I’m bad at dying, but because I’m really good at surviving.
4. Opening my veins did nothing to let the sadness out of me.
5. Being physically empty did not make me feel any less emotionally empty.
6. Deciding to get better was the hardest decision I’ve ever made.
7. Deciding to get sick again was the easiest.
8. I am not a soldier in this illness. I do not have to die for my cause.
9. I have shaky hands and weak knees, but that does not mean I am not strong.
10. I am not worthless.